Friday, December 22, 2006

Jeff Conine

Jerry Narron on the acquisition of Conine:

"I've admired and respected him for a long time. We'll start the season out and see what happens. We expect him to give us good at-bats. The big thing is having a legitimate right-handed bat in the lineup. He gives professional at-bats. He's done that throughout his career."

Conine on joining the Reds:

"It was a little bit of a surprise to get the call from (Phillies GM) Pat Gillick a couple of days before Christmas. I know the Reds were a competitive ballclub last year. I've played right, left or first. I'm comfortable at both spots."

On switching leagues:

"I don't see it as that big of a deal. I think it's more of an adjustment outside the game."

Wayne Krivsky on whether other deals are in the works:

"Done never happens. We're always trying to make the team better. This was a good start."

No comments: