Friday, March 30, 2007

Here it all starts ...

Our Downtowner Newspaper site (www.pulsedt.com) and my subsequent blog remains a work in progress, so we'll keep Press Box View going for some time to come.

While the full-time Reds beat writers have already been going at it for a month or so, my work begins in earnest tomorrow with the start of a 72-hour MLB.com marathon, of sorts.

I leave for Dayton at around 9 a.m. to cover the Reds/Marlins exhibition game.

On Sunday morning, it's off to Great American Ball Park to pen notebooks on both the Cubs and Reds from the pre-Opening Day workouts.

Then, it's an early rise on Monday to spin a story on the Findlay Market Parade and all of the festivities, pomp and circumstance surrounding Opening Day before settling in for the game itself.

I'll link the stories as they are posted at Reds.com.

I must say, I was, and continued to be, impressed by the participants in the Reds blogosphere during this past offseason.

You provide hope that beneath the sparse attendance figures at Great American Ball Park and perceived apathy, there exists a knowledgeable and passionate base of Reds fans which is hungry for a winner.

Play ball!

No comments: