Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Krivsky's the man

The Reds will formally introduce Twins assistant GM Wayne Krivsky as their new general manager at a news conference at 6 p.m. today.

Unfortunately, I will be en route to Wyoming High School to cover a boys basketball game for the Enquirer and will be unable to attend the press conference.

The timing of Krivsky's hiring does cooperate nicely with the deadline for my weekly Downtowner column, however.

I think the Reds made the right choice. My take will be forthcoming, but first things first.

I must deal with the matter of undefeated Wyoming, the state's 8th-ranked team in Division II, looking to clinch a share of the Cincinnati Hills League title and remain undefeated against rival Deer Park.

I'd rather be engaged in a Q&A with the new Reds GM, but oh well ...

No comments: